THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO
Welcome to my monthly income report for December 2015!
Since October 2015, every month I publish a detailed report with all the accounts for my online businesses. On them I include the earnings and expenses, I tell a little bit about my personal experience and what new things I have been trying during this period of time.
I explain as well what my future targets are and if the previous ones have been achieved or not. Why doing this?
- It helps me to keep track of my personal finances. In any moment of time, I can look back at my reports and see what steps and results I got from determined strategies, like a log book.
- Increase trusting. I also want to show you that I am a real person starting from the first step. There are many amazing bloggers out there reporting their incomes of thousands of dollars, but I found very little bloggers reporting low amounts of money like me. I think this can help to starters and to people who are not decided yet to start their own online business.
- Motivation. Writing here my results will put me on that kind of uncomfortable position in which I need to demonstrate that I can go one step further instead of getting lazy and rely on excuses. My finances are open to everybody!
All earnings here reported are coming from Passive Income sources. I am not including any kind of outsourcing because the intention is you show you how far I can go with only passive income sources.
This is my third month reporting my accounts and I’m liking it a lot despite the little time I’ve been spending due to the Christmas holidays. I love blogging!
You can have a look to my previous monthly income reports:
For the purposes of this section I will include the posts/pages created for each of my Niche Sites and then for the PIW blog:
Niche Site 1
I’ve published 7 new posts, two of them with more than 1,000 words. Two of them are doing well with 621 and 545 visits from organic traffic. Yeah! Google is starting liking my Niche Site 1.
Nothing else, in particular, a little bit of maintenance here, some comments reply there… and that’s it! A total of less of 10 hours spent on my Niche Site 1.
Passive Income Wise
Here is the list the posts and pages included during this time so you can have a look at what I’ve been working on this month
- Passive Income Report November 2015 (with traffic and metrics)
- How to start with Google Adsense
- How to Increase Your Adsense CPC?
- How to Start a Blog Step by Step
This month I have written three “How to” posts. With them, I intend to help people starting a blog by guiding them through Adsense, one of the easier advertisement programs.
Google Adsense (from niche site 1): $152.07
- Previous Month: $100.28
- Difference: + $51.79
YouTube (from niche site 1): $2.04
- Previous month: $1.60
- Difference: + $0.44
Amazon Affiliate Program: $2.52
- Previous month: $6.78
- Difference: – $4.26
- Previous Month: $8.95
- Difference: – $4.05
- Previous Month: £0.00 ($0.00)
- Difference: + £0.00 ($0.00)
Another month with zero earnings from Bluehost. Hopefully one day I will get anything from it because it’s a really good service to promote and for somebody trying to start it would be an amazing purchase.
No expenses, $0.00. The initial investment for the hosting and domain name was done in October and this one is already running for free. So there are not expenses.
Net Total Balance: $161.53
- Previous month: $117.61
- Difference: + $43.92 (+ 37.3%)
December has been a good month, in particular for the Adsense earnings. The good news here is that Adsense is generating now around $150 per month which is one of the most stable passive income sources. This is my third month reporting my accounts and is going up and up. Obviously, it’s nothing to compare with other famous bloggers (which you can fin in my Favourite Bloggers Income Reports), but for a starter like me it’s considered an important milestone. I am above the $150 and this is starting to be very exciting.
TRAFFIC AND METRICS
Last month I decided that I’m going to report the metrics from all my websites. What is changing this month is the length of this section. In November I commented all the metrics one by one and at some point perhaps it was so much information. In December I will add all the metrics and then a small comment by the end.
Niche Site 1
In December I wrote 7 posts and I did a bit of maintenance. Almost not social media promotion and I didn’t work in backlinks. This website is working now in auto pilot.
Page views: 263,768 (+13,956 compared to November 2015)
Average Session Duration: 2min 38secs (2min 39secs on November 2015)
Number of new people visiting the site: 51,986 (+10,763 compared to November 2015)
This is what I wanted to show you. 75,779 visits from organic search, 99% of them coming from Google. This is awesome, isn’t it? Two months ago it was half of this amount and it seems to keep growing. Niche Site 1 is performing as predicted. The goal is increasing the traffic x4 which will be possible once I rank it on the first position for the targeted keyword.
Google Adsense Metrics
I would really like to share more data from my Adsense account but since the politics of Adsense are very restrictive I will post the maximum I can.
- Cost per Click (CPC): $0.24
- Clicks: 647 with a total of 510k ads impressions
- Page RPM: $0.55
Now you will wonder why this low CPC and RPM. The explanation here: Niche Site 1 is in a niche that is not lucrative, however as you can see it is easy to get a high volume in traffic. When I first created Niche Site 1 the idea wasn’t making money out of it but with the time I realised the potentiality of creating a small business with it.
Join my email list for free to receive more content and guides about Google Adsense metrics and how to increase your CPC.[wysija_form id=”5″]
Passive Income Wise
PIW has increased the traffic compared with last month. Traffic is more stable as well and session duration time has increased. The 8th of December I published my November income report and I shared in Reddit, the surprise is that I received many visits on that day, half f them from Reddit. It seems people is interested in income reports, so I’ll continue month over month.
Page views: 2,393 (+578 compared to November 2015)
Average Session Duration: 2min 11secs (1min 59secs on November 2015)
Number of new people visiting the site: 1,005 (+292 compared to November 2015)
Interesting numbers. Referrals continue increasing compared with November with 128. This is because I created My own personal list of Favourite Bloggers and their Income Reports. What I did is to send comments to those bloggers added to the list telling them that they are part of it. Some visits from organic search meaning that Google has already indexed Passive Income Wise. That’s good news!
This month I’m including a new section with the global stats of my Passive Income Wise.
In less than 2 months PIW has grown a lot, not only in Domain Authority but in the number of backlinks and referring domains as well.
From this month I will only report social media related with this blog.
- Likes Page: 67 (+15 New Likes)
- Friends: 239 (+26 New Friends)
Twitter. If you don’t want to miss any of my new tweets follow Passive Income Wise on Twitter
- Followers: 826 (+122 New Followers)
- Subscriptions: 14 (+5 New Subscriptions)
To join my email list write your email address below:[wysija_form id=”5″]
Not big increases in social media/email list subscription on this month. What worries me a bit is the low number of email subscriptions. Let’s hope this will change in the next month.
TARGETS FROM NOVEMBER 2015, COMPLETED OR FAIL?
- Earn $150 from Google Adsense (Yes, this is a 50% more than last month) COMPLETED
- Create 5 posts for Niche Site 2. FAIL
- Create 5 to 10 new posts for Passive Income Wise. ALMOST
- Update content in Niche Site 1 and create at least 3 new posts. COMPLETED
- Double the traffic in Passive Income Wise. FAIL
- Create an “in depth” guide about how to create a blog step by step. COMPLETED
Niche Site now 2 is on hold. In particular, December has been a crazy month full of trips and I’ve been 9 days in Spain with my family so I couldn’t do any work at all and I needed to sacrifice something, in this case, Niche Site 2 didn’t receive any attention this month.
FUTURE WORK AND TARGETS
As a future work for December 2015 the followings are my targets:
- Earn $150 from Google Adsense (Keep the same amount than last month)
- Create 5 to 10 new posts for Passive Income Wise
- Update content in Niche Site 1 and create at least 10 new posts.
- Double the traffic in Passive Income Wise.
Did you like my December Income Report? Are you interested in earning income online?
If you are thinking about starting your own blog, I created a tutorial-guide that will help you start your own blog for cheap, You need very little investment, starting at only $3.95 per month (this deal is only through my link) for blog hosting. Additionally, you will get a free blog domain (valued at $12-15) through my Bluehost link, only if your purchase is for at least 12 months of blog hosting. My recommendation is for you to be self-hosted. This is important if you want to monetize your blog because your website will look more professional.