THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO
Want to make some extra money quickly?
You’d be thinking that’s nearly impossible but it’s far from it. In this article, you’ll go through some strategies on how to make $1000 fast.
You won’t get rich with these strategies – well, there is one of them that actually can make you rich – but you’ll be able to start earning money from today. Whether if it’s for an unexpected situation or just to build up your emergency fund, this article will give you some ideas to start digging in.
The key to starting making money fast is to get hands-on – read less, do more. Instead of trying to find the perfect way to get started, why don’t you start trying? The 7 ideas from this article could be a good starting point. Maybe you even reach the $1000 before trying the last one!
- 35 Ways to Make Extra Money Every Single Month
- 11 Smart Passive Income Ideas That Actually Work
- Everything You Need To Know About Monetizing Your Blog
You can navigate to the section you’re most interested in using the navigation menu below – and skip the parts you are not interested in.
Survey sites to kill time (and make money)
Are you waiting for the dentist? We both know how slow the queues can be. Why don’t you kill your time doing some online surveys? With any smartphone, you can do surveys ‘on the go’.
Doing surveys is NOT a get rich scheme but it will get you some pocket money every week (yai), and if you are constant you can make a respectable amount per month.
The best thing is that there are plenty of surveys that take only 5-10 minutes and are so easy to complete. Depending on the payout you can get from $1 to up to $20 or more.
The number of surveys I do depends on how much free time I have. Some months I end up making a few dollars and others hundreds (one month I got nearly $1,000 but that was in hardcore mode!).
I’m adding below my top 3 survey sites (at the moment) with some of the better payouts out there ($$$). I recommend you signing up for the three of them and only do the surveys with the highest payouts.
- Vindale Research ($1.00 signup bonus)
- PrizeRebel (one of my latest discoveries)
- PineCone Research (guaranteed $3/survey)
RELATED: In this article I added my top 100 Free Online Survey Sites To Make Money (all of them 100% legit)
Make money using your phone
This is one of my favorite ways to make some extra cash (the screenshot above is from my account). You won’t get rich with it but you can make a few bucks a week just by doing things that you simply would do in your day to day.
Every little count.
Things that can make you money with Swagbucks:
- Trying free products like Amazon Prime Video (30-day free trial). You will get 300 SB for that which it’s worth $3.00, neat!
- Register for purchases you plan to do. Disney+ is giving you 1000 SB ($10) if you use the Swagbucks link to register.
- Short 7-minute Surveys and longer 15-minute surveys.
- Discounts at hundreds of shops/services (Just Eat, Lego, energy suppliers, clothes stores like Nike). They range from 1% to 5% discounts and sometimes they are a fix rate.
- Special offers. Get your credit score from Experian as currently they give 300SB ($3) for something I would do anyway.
It’s possible that in your country you have different deals but you get the idea.
But how does Swagbucks make money with these deals?
For the example of Amazon Prime Video, they calculate a conversion rate of people who will buy the product at the end of the trial, so they know how much they can pay for those ones that don’t convert at the end.
One very last thing to mention is that you can get 500 SB ($5) for every friend you refer and gets 500 SB + 10% lifetime earnings. So if you plan to join, I would be pleased if you use my link.
Ah, I nearly forgot! It also works for desktop.
Get Instant Free Sign Up Bonuses
There are many companies out there doing promotions and offering free sign up bonuses just by registering with them. Some require you to complete an action like complete are initial survey, others will have a minimum payout, but no matter what, it’s free money!
I’m sharing below 4 of the companies I always recommend to friends and family to join for some instant free bonus (just by joining all of them you’ll get
Rakuten has the best sign up bonus, they normally offer $25 when you join with the only condition that you need to spend $25. So you spend the money and instantly get it back! Actually is not instantly as they take a couple of days to verify your purchase. If you are also referred by a friend, your friend will also get $25, isn’t it extraordinary?
With Swagbucks (yes, I mentioned it before, Swagbucks is amazing), you’ll get 500 SB if you are referred by a friend (your friend will get them too), that’s worth $5.00.
Vindale Research does not offer an amazing signup bonus but it’s the easiest to get. They give $1.00 welcome bonus with the only condition that you need to complete at least one survey (for which they also pay). My favorite surveys are the ones from PeanutLabs and Dynate, they pay $1 each but you can complete up to 10 for each one, which would be $20/day.
If you are disciplined and keep doing daily surveys you can get a big paycheck, the image below is for my best month. I no longer get that much because I spend more time blogging than doing surveys but I remember it was a good side income back in the day.
If you do the 20 daily surveys above, you’ll be making $20 + $1 bonus on your first day. It would take you 41 days to get the same payout.
The last one to mention (and not for that least favorite) is Inbox Dollars which gives a $5 sign up bonus. Currently, the Minimum Payment Amount required to request a Check payment is $30.00 but getting the extra $25 doesn’t take too long (plus it will contribute towards you $1000 goal).
Cut Unnecessary Expenses
A good exercise is to go through your last bank statement and note all the recurring expenses. You’ll be surprised how many things you might have forgotten about.
Start first with the monthly subscriptions:
- Are you still going to the gym or are you still paying to stay at home? Gyms are some of the most expensive recurrent bills, cutting it might save to more than $50/month.
- How many video streaming services do you have? Netflix, Prime, Disney+… chances are you only need one of them. Or none! And spend that time working in your first $1000.
- Are you overpaying bills? Apps like Trim will help you find better deals for your bills so you can also focus on building your $1000.
RELATED: This article will show you 37 Hacks To Save Money on Energy (which is another way to cut on unnecessary expenses)
Some other ideas to cut on unnecessary expenses are:
- Going to restaurants way too often? If your goal is to get money fast, there is no better way than cutting down unnecessary expenses. You can still go to restaurants once a week instead of three times.
- Grow your own food? A package of lettuce seeds cost as low as $1, and I can guarantee you that you can grow hundreds of them from a package. If you grow more than you need you can always sell to neighbors (people is crazy about organic food! me too!). If you want to buy cheap good quality seeds in the US, check out MiGardener. If you are in the UK, I recommend you Premier Seeds Direct.
Expenses-free fun days
Be creative! One of my favorites is to do expenses-free fun days. Basically these are planned days to do activities without expending anything. It might sound like a terrible idea, but if you get creative this is something that the kids will love (and you too).
They work amazingly on weekends with the family. If you are running out of ideas, here are some plans that come now to my mind:
- Living near the coast? Head to the beach. It doesn’t need to be summer, there are many things you can do at the beach. Take a picnic, play frisbee, build a sand-castle (this is not only for kids, but I also love doing my own ones, ha!). Plus if it’s offseason, it’s much quieter and relaxing.
- Visit your local museums. There are loads of free museums to explore; history, science, painting, dinosaurs… If you are planning an expenses-free fun day, this one is a must!
- Play board games. I personally love Monopoly (if you know me, you’ll understand why I’m all about passive income). Games like Risk or Ticket to Ride often fill my afternoons for hours and hours.
- Go on a bike ride or on a long hike. If you live near a natural reserve, you can head for the day. Combine the ride/hike with a picnic and you’ll have a fully rounded day.
- Call family and friends. We live in a busy world and we hardly ever find the time to reach out to the people we care about. Catching up with old friends and relatives can be an exciting activity for the afternoon. And it’s completely free as long as you have internet and use Whatsapp free calls.
Start a WordPress blog as your business
It might sound like a cliché but this has been the MOST efficient way to make money for me. It’s true that it’s actually not a “fast” way to make money, but if you already have a blog up and running chances are that you are already making some money – that would definitely help you get your $1,000 fast.
On the other hand, if you don’t have a blog just yet, it’s ok, you can create it actually quite quickly. But I warn you something…
Blogging is not easy…
Not at all!
It requires a lot of hard work and commitment. It’s not something you decide from one day to other, you really need to WANT it, otherwise, it will be just a waste of time and money.
I only recommend starting a blog if you are 100% ready to spend countless nights of hardcore work during the first 6 months. Later on, it can get easier but if you want to keep up growing your business, it will become even harder (learning from experience, sigh!).
But…. it is….. sooooo accomplishing!
My blog is one of the things I’m most proud of – especially when I talk to friends and family, it sounds so cool saying that you have an online business.
My dream is not only to make $1,000 from my blog but to make it my full-time job. In fact, I already made over $20,000 from my blog business. While it’s far from what other bloggers make, it’s a solid amount to consider it as a business.
RELATED: You can check out my blog income reports to see where the income is coming from. On these incomes I share my blogging journey (they are the most popular articles on my blog)
Now, if you are ready for those countless nights of double espresso and lack of sleep, I’ve written a super in-depth article explaining how to start a blog with WordPress. It’s actually so easy to follow that even my grandma would be able to start it (no that she will at her 93s, ha!)
Alternatively, you can join my course below, which is basically a free 5-day email course. The course says the same that my super in-depth article but with a few tweaks, so if you are decided I recommend you start with the article.
Make money with Airbnb – the guest room can make you money
This is one of the most attractive ways to make money for me on a personal note. Even though I’ve never done it before, my wife and I are truly considering it.
Do you live in a house with more rooms that you need for your normal living? Then you want to give it a chance!
If you are living in a medium-big size city, near a university or having any place of interest nearby your place might be a goldmine when it comes to Airbnb.
IMPORTANT! Some letting agencies won’t allow you to sub-rent the property you’re renting. In case of doubt, read your contract or ask your letting agent.
There is no much you need to start setting up your Airbnb, they don’t have any setup fees. You’ll need adding your property/room details, the price for a night, the availability, cancellation policy, a few cozy photos, and your all set.
The best part is that, if you have friends or family coming over, you can always select those days as unavailable in your Airbnb account, so you only rent the room when it’s really unused.
You can hire a cleaner, add a smart-lock, and all those fancy things that cost money, but if you are also living in the same property…
How hard would it be to clean an extra room?
fewer expenses = more income! ($$$)
RELATED: This article from Rowan Clifford explains how to make passive income on Airbnb. If we finally decide to start this side business we’ll follow his tips thoroughly.
There are many other ways to make money fast that I’d love to discuss, but I’ll talk about them another day – I just realized I went over 2500 words and this post is s starting to be a bit too long.
Too long, didn’t read?
So just to finish up and to recap, these are the 7 ideas to make money:
- Survey sites to kill time (and make money) – surveys from Vindale, PrizeRebel, and PineCone
- Make money using your phone – Swagbucks
- Get Instant Free Sign Up Bonuses – Rakuten ($25 signup bonus) and InboxDollars ($5)
- Cut Unnecessary Expenses – Gym, bills, restaurants, and grow your own food
- Expenses-free fun days – We agree this one is not making money but “A Dollar Saved is Two Dollars Earned”
- Start a WordPress blog as your business – My guide if you’re really ready for the commitment
- Make money with Airbnb – the guest room can make you money (become an Airbnb host here)
Are you making money using any of these ideas? Do you have any other ideas you want to share? Please hit the comments, I’d like to hear from you.